Reply to Thread

How do you mix templates?

How do you mix and match templates without losing the layers or the placement of one of them when you add it to the first? I think I remember reading how to do it somewhere but now I can't remember it or find it! Can anyone help me out?

[

Do you mean adding part of a template to another part?
    I usually take on template and will highlight the layers I want to copy. I'll right click (in the layers palette) and go to duplicate layer and then duplicate it onto the template I want it to be copied on. I have a tutorial on my blog.....but I don't know if that is what you wanted.

I think that is what I am looking for... I will have to check out your tutorial... thanks!

[

You can open them side by side, click on the layers you want to transfer to the other template, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag and drop and I think they should remain on the same spot on the page as they were on the original .... I will check it out after supper and make sure though and let you know if that works :)

Quote Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
    You can open them side by side, click on the layers you want to transfer to the other template, then Ctrl-Shift-Drag and drop and I think they should remain on the same spot on the page as they were on the original .... I will check it out after supper and make sure though and let you know if that works :)
    **nodding head**

I'd recommend making a new canvas and then selecting the layers from each template that you want and dragging them to the new canvas. That way, the original template remains intact. The placement of the layers should remain at the location on the original template layout.

^^^

What Cheryl said. ;)

Oh, thanks for the tip. I think that will be easier than the way I was doing it.

Ooh that's a great tip! Thanks for sharing :0)

Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster
    http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com/

LOL... most of the time I don't mix templates.... I mix two from the same 4 pack, but they are doubles... so one is one side, and the other is the other side,lol!