Thread: Point & Shoot

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Point & Shoot

Ok ladies, so I'm in need of a new P&S camera like NOW!! My camera died after only a year it was the Panasonic Lumix DMC - ZS19. Now it started out as a great camera, I actually LOVED it. I bought this one as an upgrade from an earlier version of the Panasonic Lumix that was purchased back in 2007. However, BOTH camera died exactly the same way... one day I turned the camera on and it would keep zooming in and out and then tell me there was a system error (or some crap like that) and it would turn off and no matter what I did I couldn't get the thing to stay on and take a photo... I sent it to Best Buy where I bought it (my warranty had Just ran out so I couldn't get it replaced) Anyways I was going to pay to have it fixed however there was nothing they could do that would cost any less than buying a replacement.

Sooo.. I am in need of a new camera. I want to stay away from that brand now after having Both cameras quit the same way. I am currently saving up to get my Canon DSLR but until I get that camera I need a point and shoot camera that I can carry with me at all times.

PLEASE help me find a good camera ASAP.. you ALL know how IMPORTANT having a nice camera on hand at all times is for us Digi addicts so go ahead and show me what you got or want!!!

Guesting in 2013 for Lynne-Marie, Traci Reed & Victoria Feemster
    http://kristibigelow.blogspot.com/

I love my point and shoot! I have a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS. I got it 2 years ago for my trip to Alaska. It takes awesome pictures! There is probably a newer version now. I only paid $200, but lately it's been on sale at Target for under $100. Good luck. I hope you find a camera you like.

I have a Canon PowerShot as well - the SX230. It was a little more money, but I like that I can shoot in auto or manual with it. Whatever you get make sure you read the manual forward and backwards - you want to know all the awesome features!

PowerShot here too and I love it! Mine is the SX150 IS and like Jamie said, it's a great camera for either manual or auto. I just got mine for Christmas and I'm still learning all the features!

Following! I want a p&s too! My huge DSLR is too difficult to carry with me everywhere...

I've got 3 Canon cameras, all P & S. The A95 from 2005 is still my carry in my purse camera. My S3IS is sitting on my desk. The newest is the G12. It is bigger than then the A95 and smaller than the S3IS. Love it too although my fat fingers sometimes hit some of the buttons when they shouldn't. I haven't quite gotten used to the placement on the buttons yet.

They all work great. I'm definitely a fan of Canon. I'd say you can't go wrong with a Canon PowerShot, whatever model!

I had a PowerShot . . . now Olivia has it . . . and it **still** takes awesome pictures for a P&S! I love that you can change some settings, so it's like a lead-in to an entry level DSLR.

I have 2 cameras... a Canon PowerShot S315 and a Nikon Coolpix S210.

I do like this one, but it really doesn't do well with inside photography. Maybe it's just me... I haven't read the manual or know anything about photography! LOL

LOVE this one. I have it with me in my purse all the time. When I got the Canon from my mom I was like ooh and didn't really use the Nikon that much, but I found it has a better setting for indoors.

Good luck!

I'm a point-and-shoot gal (actually, I'm more of a push-button-stupid) gal! I don't have a DSLR and don't plan on it ;) I have always used Canons. I have a PowerShot Elph 100HS. It takes great photos - I've even used them as backgrounds for 12x12 layouts. My latest was just over $100 at Costco.
    Another thing you might consider: I've heard that the iphone 5 and the new android phones take photos that are comparable (or even better than) point and shoot.

Cheryl is totally right about the PowerShot being a good entry in to DSLR. It's got a lot of the same settings in manual mode, just with a smaller range than a DSLR. Will definitely give you an idea of what it's like :)

Quote Originally Posted by scrappymelly View Post
    Cheryl is totally right about the PowerShot being a good entry in to DSLR. It's got a lot of the same settings in manual mode, just with a smaller range than a DSLR. Will definitely give you an idea of what it's like :)
    I agree with this. I never use any of mine on auto. It is usually in Program mode. And white balance is adjustable also!

Well, I'm gonna look into a few of these but I'm thinking Definitely Canon! :D

I actually ordered my camera and had it delivered over night.. because I'm not a patient person AT ALL! lol
    So I did it.. I ordered and I went with the Canon PowerShot SX40 HS (a little older but still newer than what I had and seems to be a LOT better)!
    So here's my first selfie of me and my new baby.. don't mind the icky bathroom mirror shot

Congrats on your new toy! Have fun :)

You will love it!! Congrats, and enjoy your user manual. :)