Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Iron Scrapper 2013: CONTEST INFORMATION

Welcome to Iron Scrapper 2013! If you’re new to the contest- here’s what you need to know!!

Iron Scrapper is a random draw contest! There are no eliminations or voting! Simply earn as many points as you can to be entered into the drawing. Each point will equal one entry into our drawing.

You can join the contest at any time. If you’re not able to complete a challenge, you’re not disqualified!

IMPORTANT: If you are newly registering in our forum, once you have created your account, please send an email to customerservice at scraporchard dot com with your forum name so we can activate your forum account. Please allow 24 hours for us to activate your account.

General Rules

Current SO Designers, Current Site Staff, and Previous Site Staff or Designers (within the last 6 months) are not eligible to win.

Each person can only earn points under 1 username and complete each Weekly Challenge or Additional Challenge once.

Each point earned will equal one entry into the prize drawing. The more points you earn, the more entries you will receive.

Each person can only win once. We will randomly draw the winners from the largest prize to the smallest prize. If a person’s name is drawn more than once, we will re-draw a winner for the prize with the lowest value.

All layouts must be scrapped with 100% Current* Scrap Orchard Products including templates (non-Scrap Orchard fonts & actions are allowed except when the individual challenge rules specifically prohibit them). We will make every effort to ensure that no products are retired or disabled during the contest (the Iron Scrapper Weekly Bundle will be disabled after every week and will not be
    qualify for use in subsequent Iron Scrapper challenges).

*Current means for sale in the Scrap Orchard Market as of the
    end of the specific challenge. To avoid any confusion- you must include links to the products you use in your credits. Further restrictions may apply to individual challenges and will be posted in the individual challenge rules. Free"bees" do not count as Current Scrap Orchard Products. You must be able to link to the product in our Market.

Iron Scrapper Weekly Challenges

A new challenge will be posted each week. It will include the base challenge and a “bonus” challenge. The base challenge will be worth 1 point and the bonus challenge will be worth 1 point. Additionally, 3 points will be awarded for using the current week’s special
    bundle.

Our team will be checking each layout and assigning the points earned. Please indicate the points you are eligible for when you post your layout to help make sure you get credit for all your points.
    Ex:
    1 point- completing challenge
    3 points- using special bundle
    1 point- completing bonus challenge

If you don’t include the eligible points, there is a chance we might overlook a point (or two). The challenge layouts must be posted in the correct thread by the deadline. If the layout is posted in the wrong thread or if it is posted after the deadline, it will not receive any points. We are not responsible for site outages or down-time and/or personal internet connectivity issues. Whenever possible, please don't wait until deadline to post your layout, as the site might be very busy at that time and running a little slower than usual. If your layout is late- as of the date stamp in the forum when you post it- it will not receive any points.

For a tutorial on how to post a layout in a forum thread, click here!

Additional Challenges

In addition to the points awarded for the weekly challenges, we will also be giving away points throughout the month in our weekly newsletter, on the Scrap Orchard Facebook Page, through our Designers Facebook Pages and in the forum.

To help you keep track of some of the important dates & deadlines, we have created this calendar! Please note that not all of the challenges are listed on the calendar. Some of the challenges will be at random and unannounced times and/or will be limited to a small number of contestants and awarded on a first come, first serve basis! Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter and following (a “fan of”) the Scrap Orchard Facebook Page & Designer Facebook Pages so you don’t miss any challenges.

Click to download full-size version

Fresh Fruit Challenge:

Every week we will post a Fresh Fruit challenge. To earn points, you must scrap a layout using products from the current week's Fresh Fruit category. The layouts must contain 100% Fresh Fruit products (including templates).

Iron Scrapper Battle Rounds:
    Every week we will have a live crop where two of our fabulous Orchard Girls will battle head-to-head in a scrapping challenge! They will have one hour to create a layout using the instructions they receive at the beginning of the crop! Everyone who attends the crop will receive a point, a little freebie, a sneak peek at the upcoming Weekly Challenge and be offered the advantage of purchasing the Weekly Bundle before it is released for sale! Space is limited in our crop room and only the first 100 members will be able to attend.

1. The room will be locked until the beginning of the crop. If you arrive early, you will receive a message that the room is closed. You can wait to enter or come back and try again once we open the room.
    2. When you log in as a guest, you must use your forum username to receive credit for attending. If you do not use your forum username, we will not be able to match you up to your forum account to give you credit.
    3. A good portion of the crop will be over the audio. It will be difficult to follow along if you don't have speakers or a headset.

Newsletter Code:
    At some point in the month we will include a hidden code in one of our Fresh Fruit Newsletters. Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter so you don't miss it! Once you find the code, you will email it into ISnewscode at scraporchard dot com. Please make sure you include your forum username so we can give you credit for sending in the code. We will only be able to send this code out once.

Facebook Five:
    Approximately once a week at a random time, we will post "Facebook Five" on our Scrap Orchard Facebook Page. The first 5 people to comment on the link will receive a point! Make sure you are a fan of our facebook page and that you are following all the posts so you don't miss it! Here is a tutorial on how to make sure you are seeing all the Scrap Orchard Facebook Posts:

Facebook Train:

We will also hand out a secret code in a Facebook Train through our Orchard Girls' Facebook Pages!
    You will collect the pieces of the code and email it to ISfbcode at scraporchard dot com. You can follow them here:

Amanda Heimann

Bella Gypsy Designs

Chelle's Creations

Createwings Designs

Designs by Megan Turnidge

Dream Big Designs

Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs

Happy Scrap Girl

Kristin Aagard Designs

Laura Banasiak

Little Green Frog Designs

Lyndsay Riches

Meredith Cardall

mle Card

Red Ivy Design

Scrapping with Liz

Sugary Fancy Designs

Tickled Pink Studio

Tracie Stroud

WendyBird Designs

WM[squared] Designs

Ziggle Designs

Once a week, we will post the Iron Scrapper Point Totals. Please check your points and notify us if you believe you are missing any.

At the end of the contest, we will tally up each contestant’s points. Each point will equal one entry for that contestant into a drawing for prizes. The more points you have, the more entries you will receive in the drawing.

You may only win 1 prize (whichever prize has the highest value). If your name is drawn for additional prizes, it will be disqualified and another name will be drawn. You must claim your prize within 30 days after the winners are announced.

The Prizes are as follows:

Grand Prize: Toshiba Satellite 14-Inch TouchScreen Laptop + $250 gift certificate to Scrap Orchard*

1st Runner Up: Epson WorkForce Wide Format Color Inkjet Printer + $100 gift certificate to Scrap Orchard*

2nd Runner Up: Western Digital Elements 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive + $50 gift certificate to Scrap Orchard*

*International shipping charges not included. Subject to availability. In the event the prize has been discontinued or is no longer available, equivalent substitutions may be made.

Click here to see a list of the consolation prizes!

Hash Tags & ScrapPin Gallery

We encourage you to upload your layouts to our ScrapPin Gallery, however it is not a requirement. If you do upload your layout to our gallery, we would love for you to use the hash tags associated with the challenge to help us locate your layouts and leave you some love!

The Iron Scrapper Challenge hash tag is: #is2013

Additionally, each challenge will have it's own unique hash tag to help us locate those layouts in the gallery as well! The challenge hash tags will be included in the thread for each challenge.

For more information on our hash tags, please click here.

Additional Information

These rules & schedules are subject to change. Any changes or clarifications will be updated in purple. Please review these rules from time to time to make sure you are aware of any changes or clarifications made.

All contest information will be posted in the Official IS Rules, Information & FAQs Forum. Posting in the forum is the fastest, most effective way to communicate with everyone in the contest. Please check the forum for any updates, changes or clarifications.

Each challenge will have its own FAQ thread in the Official IS Rules, Information & FAQs Forum for questions and clarifications. We will try to make sure the challenge rules are as clear as possible, but we encourage you to ask for further clarification if you have any questions about what is or is not allowed. We will update the main post of each FAQ thread with the questions and answers to date- so you don’t have to read through the entire thread to find any relevant information. We do encourage you to read through all the previously asked questions and answers before posting your question, in case it has already been addressed.

Each week we will post an update of the weekly points earned in our Official IS Rules, Information & FAQs Forum. Please verify that you have received all your points and to notify us if there has been an error in the point calculation.

FAQ's

What is considered a "layout"?

A layout can be any size or shape image. It can be 12 x 12, 8.5 x 11, 12 x 24, a photo of a hybrid project, etc.

Are there any exceptions to the 100% Current Scrap Orchard Products Rule?

The only exception to the 100% Current Scrap Orchard Products Rule applies to hybrid projects. If you are completing the challenges with hybrid projects, you may use tangible scrapbook products (mass produced scrapbook products sold at retail stores).

Can we use off-site templates?

Unlike previous years, this year you will not be allowed to use off-site templates for your layouts. You can use Scrap Orchard templates or create your own layouts. Unfortunately, if a layout is found to be using an off-site template (or a scraplift of an off-site template) we will have to disqualify the layout from receiving any points.

Can we use free products from the Scrap Orchard designers in the weekly challenge?

Unlike previous years, this year you will also not be allowed to use free products for challenge credit. You must use a current (linkable) product in the Scrap Orchard Market.

If the bundle is disabled after the week it was featured, are we allowed to continue to use it for challenges?

Unfortunately, no. Because the bundle will no longer be "linkable" after it is disabled, it can not be used for subsequent challenges.

Does the bundle qualify as "Fresh Fruit"?

Again, unfortunately- no. The bundles are not in the "Fresh Fruit" category, so they don't qualify as Fresh Fruit. Only products listed in the current week's "Fresh Fruit" category will qualify for the Fresh Fruit Challenges.

I will be on vacation for part of the contest, can I still participate?

Absolutely! You can join or leave the contest at any time and complete as many of the challenges as your schedule allows. Because it is a random drawing, any points you earn will enter your name into the drawing!!

Do we have to upload our layouts to the ScrapPin Gallery?

You are not required to upload your layouts to our ScrapPin gallery! However, if you do upload them to the gallery, please make sure to include the relevant hash tags so we can leave you some love!! This year we will only be calculating points based on the layouts posted in the Challenge threads!

Can we use products we receive for free from being on a SO designer CT?

The personal creative team members are able to participate in the contest, however they have to participate at the same level as the rest of the members. For that reason, CTMs are not able to use products they receive on their creative teams.
    Last edited by jemenifer22; July 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Wow, I will have to keep checking back to make sure I'm doing it all correctly, quick question- can we use products we receive for free from being on a SO designer CT?

Quote Originally Posted by winipeg1 View Post
    Can we use products we receive for free from being on a SO designer CT?
    The personal creative team members are able to participate in the contest, however they have to participate at the same level as the rest of the members. For that reason, CTMs are not able to use products they receive on their creative teams.

ok thank you for answering

Whoa. I'm a bit intimidated by it all, but I'm going to try to participate. :)

Quote Originally Posted by guikrazy View Post
    So am I! Hold me, I'm scared

The Laura Banasiak link above doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by lorryfach View Post
    The Laura Banasiak link above doesn't work.
    https://www.facebook.com/DesignsByLauraBanasiak

Quote Originally Posted by guikrazy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    So am I! Hold me, I'm scared
    Don't be!!! It's A LOT of fun!! I promise!!

I know it seems overwhelming with it all laid out like this, but it's really not so bad - the applicable rules will be posted with each challenge, just take them one at a time!

I'm looking forward to trying the challenges! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. :)

Wahhh this is so much info. No way will I ever remember any of this but I can't wait to try new challenges.

Agreeing with Kami...don't be intimidated. My input as just a regular scrapper here and not staff or CT: It is mainly scrapping for fun and the bonus of collecting points towards the chance of winning cool prizes. The biggest thing is to make sure that your kits are current...easy- stick with the weekly challenge kits and the fresh fruit...for anything else you use, just check the market quickly to find it again-- Megas are a great thing to use as it is easy to see which ones are current.

So there is no "sign up?" You just follow the schedule and participate?

Lori

Quote Originally Posted by pagefrocks View Post
    So there is no "sign up?" You just follow the schedule and participate?
    That's what I'm wondering, b/c I definitely do NOT want to miss this!
    hugs,
    Angi